Music Tuesday: Chrisette Michele 

Chrisette Michele is a R&B/soul singer from New York who has released three albums: "I am" 2007, "Epiphany" 2009 and "Let freedom Reign" 2010. I explored her yesterday on iTunes and having never heard any of her songs before I got curious of what her music was like. As I went through her songs my opinion about her music was scattered. Some songs were a bit boring because of lack of development or just too pop for me. Others had a great sound but had lyrics that were too sugar-sweet and "unimportant" e.g. "Notebook", "Good Girl" and "Porcelain Doll". "Playing my song" had both of those problems. 


3 RECOMMENDED SONGS
On the other hand there are a handful of songs that I absolutely love - that have a great melody and overall sound and that have interesting lyrics and surprising turns. "All I Ever Think About" makes me feel good even though it has a very predictable style and structure. MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE of her songs is "I'm your Life" which is more original and has a melody and a feel to it that I just simply love. I could listen to it again and again (which I am these days..). "Let Freedom Reign" is also very interesting and has a lot of dynamics with rap, chorus and her own strong voice. In general I can also say that her slow songs are good e.g. "I'm Okay" and "I Know Nothing". 


HER MUSIC VIDEOS
Aside from her music I can also say that I'm not too amazed by her music videos. I'm glad she's not extremely tiny and that she has a more natural body, but visually and artistically I think the videos could be better.. 


TO SUM UP
Check out the songs I recommended, especially "I'm Your Life" and "Let Freedom Reign". If you want to see a live recording from a studio of "I'm your Life" click hereYou can't really hear the piano but that only makes it more interesting to hear her real voice. Check out "I'm a star" that she also performed at the same place but don't get confused - they switched up the songs in the title of the videos by mistake.